Join the NICA Booster Club
Our goal is to have every American cyclist become a member of the most powerful movement in the history of US cycling. NICA’s mission is to develop high school mountain biking coast-to-coast by 2020, but we need your help! With your support, not only can NICA grow faster, but we can create programs that are accessible to all student-athletes. Learn more here.
NICA Dream Team Contest
Attention Colorado, Utah, Minnesota, Tennessee, Arizona, Georgia, Wisconsin, Virginia and Idaho leagues! You’re invited to enter the “Fall NICA Dream Team Contest”. NICA, along with Feedback Sports, Primal Wear, Athletic Event Supply and Optic Nerve, have put together a video challenge that you won’t want to miss out on! Full contest rules and how to enter available here. #NICAdreamteam #welovebikes #mtb #FeedbackSports #PrimalWear #TeamNerve #morekidsonbikes
NICA Annual Report
With the passing of another year, NICA continues to achieve great success. Over the past year, we successfully launched competitive racing series in Georgia, Wisconsin and Virginia. We also welcomed both Nevada and Idaho into our growing family of leagues and began outreach efforts in these states to ensure robust participation in 2015. All told, over the past year, we have seen a 51% growth in student-athlete participation and an incredible 40% growth in our licensed coaches since 2013.
Read more in our 2014 Annual Report here.
- July 18 Tennessee Cyclefest
- July 20 Utah Basic First Aid & CPR, Alta View Hospital
- July 20-24 New York New York League Development Camp
- July 23 Wisconsin Summer Camp
- July 23 & 25 Utah Wilderness and First Aid, Alta View Hospital
- July 26 Colorado Mountain Bike 101 and Risk Management
- August 14-16 Minnesota Coach Camp
- August 15-16 NorCal Coaches Retreat, Napa CA
- August 15 Utah Jr Dev. Pre Race Clinic & prologue race
- August 15 Wisconsin Summer Camp
- August 17 Utah Basic First Aid & CPR
- August 20 & 22 Utah Wilderness and First Aid
- August 21-23 Virginia Wilderness and First Aid
- August 22-23 NorCal Wilderness and First Aid
- August 28 Utah Jr Dev. at Soldier Hollow
- August 29 SoCal Leaders' Summit - Yucaipa HS
- August 29 Utah Race #1 at Soldier Hollow
- August 30 Colorado Race #1
- August 30 Wisconsin Race #1
2015 NICA Awards Spring nominations due August 1st
Do you know someone who has made an impact on high school mountain biking and deserves to be recognized at the 2015 NICA Awards? Just fill out this brief questionnaire extolling the virtues of their greatness!
The nomination process for Fall league participants will take place upon the completion of their competitive season. The final deadline for all nominations will be November 1, 2015. The 2015 NICA Awards ceremony is slated for January 2016.
Learn about the nomination process here.
Donate your car with all proceeds benefiting NICA
A free, convenient service for converting that extra car, truck, or RV into a tax deductable donation benefiting National Interscholastic Cycling Association. Click here or on the image below to donate.
Spotlight: Casa Grande HS Mountain Bike Team + Subaru / IMBA Trail Crew
It all started with the vision of four young men: Nick Tribble, Josh Marical, Emmett Schrader and Dave Schyberg of the Casa Grande High School Mountain Bike Team. As part of the Norcal League, these four had the desire to restore their home trails, where they spent so much of their time, and to expand upon them for their enjoyment and others'. Click here to read more.
Join us in our goal to bring interscholastic cycling coast to coast by 2020! Visit the NICA Store today.